Thursday, April 5, 2007

All Alone with My Fifty Dollars

That's all folks. I found out last night that the last of all of my "couple" friends got engaged last week. I am officially in a club all by myself -- the Couple But Not Engaged or Married Club (CBNEM for short). This was such a monumentous occasion that there was a bet placed on it by me and my friend. Whichever couple got engaged first had to pay the other fifty big ones. So, needless to say I was paid $50 last night by my newly fiancéd friend. Her ring is gorgeous, I can't wait for her to start planning the wedding and I am fifty dollars richer. I can't really complain. But man, my finger would look great with a shiny diamond attached to it. I confess I tried hers on and was a little jealous. I'm not talking of making plans to walk down any aisles (chapel or otherwise) anytime soon, but the diamond just sucks me in. So shiny. So sparkly. So diamondy! How am I to resist? I think this is one time the right hand ring will just not do! (it would tide me over, though, maybe if someone else were to buy it for me).

But, I digress. Congrats to Nearry and Mike! Anyone else want to join the CBNEM -- I'll make us t-shirts!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Aww, very exciting for them. But, I do not have to tell you twice about my current hatred for everything wedding. You go with your tshirt though. You can just make me one that says NCNENM (not couple not engaged not married). Or, I guess it could just say SINGLE. At least you have $50.

Lauren Rauseo said...

Personalized t-shirts can get expensive, so you may not have $50 for long.